Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Portfolio Practice: Female Assassin

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I enjoy this as a hobby but it would have been great to go the route your taking as a young man, and know what your interested in and get the proper training for it, before ya got to old to switch up careers like myself"

Ditto to that, I wish I had a time machine. No doubt about it, you're on your way to a great career, you've come a long way in a short time, best of luck.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 22:20
thanks for the kind words, both of you, i consider myself very lucky to be at this point, and i will not put it to waste. good luck to the both of you aswell.

@ locrian

im sorry, i forgot those extra pics, here is some tweaking i did, witht he thumb end meeting the first finger joint:

you may also notice that i gave some more polys to the fingers to round it off, though it was a pain to re-map

i havent shown it, but i will cut another line around the first joint for better deformation, i also need to do this with the arm.

on a completely unrelated subject, does anyone know of any good sources of HDR maps? specifically outdoor environments?

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 23:17
made some progress on the quiver, here is the basic shape, quite a bit to do, then i'll start texturing

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 23:24
Jon, do you use photos, or do you texture every thing by hand?

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 23:31 Edited at: 11th Nov 2006 23:32
by mouse (death to tablets!)

though on some small things i would use a bit of help from photos, such as around the small bit around the eye was from a reference pic, aswell as a hair overlay from a dog on the main hair (lol) and that buckle, besides that, all composed in photoshop

may i ask why?

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 23:37
just take it as a huge compliment Jon that we cant distinguish between manipulated photos and your mouse drawn textures

-- n00b at playing games...and now at making em too :p --
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2006 23:40
Because Iam yet to pick up that book I got, the one on how to texture for levels. I wanted to know to see if you can texture every thing by your self and not need photos. I would really like to texture as good as you, because if I could, I would model a lot more. I dont like using place holder textures and such, it has to be perfect, Iam sure you know what I mean.

Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2006 00:03 Edited at: 9th Jan 2007 21:20
ah yes, its pretty good for generic material, there is no painting in it, but the use of filters and layer styles is used heavily, so its pretty good for starting out.

i find it helps to work at large resolutions, so you can draw fine details which you would struggle to do with small amount of pixels, so you can let the scaling sort it out at the end

my basic workflow is to just start with a solid colour layer, then create dodge and burn layers on top of it, aswell as any pattern overlays etc. it usually ends with alot of layers

Desktop: Intel Pentium D 3.2Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM, 256MB ATI X800GTO
Laptop: 17" 1920x1200, 2GHz T2700 Core2Duo, 2GB DDR2, 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900GS PCI-E, 100GB HDD, DVDRW (yet to arrive!)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 20:34:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 20:34:54