Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / outdoor environment pack

Author
User Banned
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 23:28

(Above - just some of the objects in the pack)

How many times have you got your buildings for your level, got your terrain, but then wanted rocks, fences, walls etc to complete the level - thats where this pack will be of great value.

This pack prices at just $17.99 consists of rock formations, rock walls, wooden fences and 10 sky cubes which will of use in any game style.

http://www.arteria-gaming.com/rockpack.html
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 23:39
That looks fantastic! That's definitely on my list

FPSC Hint's and Tips Guide (pdf)
Best Regards,
Nickydude
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2006 23:45
Moving this to Models and Media.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 04:00
Didn't say if FPSC READY?

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 04:20
some of those may be a bit high-poly

"If it weren't for monsoor here, this town wouldn't be here, and that kid would never grow up to lie about texas!"
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 04:30 Edited at: 17th Nov 2006 04:37
Show these guys ingame images. Half of them cant get stuff ingame so make sure they know what formats.
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 06:57
Quote: "Show these guys ingame images. Half of them cant get stuff ingame so make sure they know what formats. "

Yep Locrian is absolutely right there are alot of people here who constantly ask for installers just to get a forum model ingame... Atleast show the models in the FPSC enviroment that way everybody knows it will work... Plus give us a chance to see if its lagging the game by viewing the frame rate...or maybe even just fraps it in the FPSC enviroment and we can watch the video...

I have been to his website and noticed there already in several formats including .x format are you also including the fps files as well... even better question do you have it packed up in an installer?

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 09:26
I doubt any of that stuff will be FPSC, since he's presented packs before and never made those FPSC ready.

I like the items I do see on your website, but I'm afraid they will be a huge cause of lag in FPSC. Also due to the size of most of your models, I'm pretty sure they're going to be some major collision problems in FPSC.

Also the price puts me off big time. I'm not about to invest that kind of money in just a few models. Since FPSC isn't really made for outdoor scenes at all and the outdoor aspect of FPSC is very limited, I don't see a point in investing so much money into items that have a very very limited use in FPSC.

Quote: "How many times have you got your buildings for your level, got your terrain, but then wanted rocks, fences, walls etc to complete the level"

I really do suggest you get to know FPSC, you really should. Once we've got our terrains in place we've about reached the limit for an outdoor scene. I'd love to add lot's of rocks, fences walls and so on, but it's just not an option, unless I want an unplayable game.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 11:10
Hi

These will work in FPSC, as the models only use one texture per object. Also poly wise, these models are very light. Not one of these models is over 1000 polys. Most of the rocks are between 300-600 and the fences are a couple hundred each.

Ill fire up FPSC and load some of the models in to show you

*Benjamin - this package is priced very very low, so im surprised at the comment about price.

Steve
Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 16:10 Edited at: 17th Nov 2006 16:12
Hello Steve,

Thanks for the pack they look great. I'm glad I bought the membership. Thanks for the great service!

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
@Stevie
Quote: "*Benjamin - this package is priced very very low, so im surprised at the comment about price.
"

The majority of people in these forums are too young to afford anything,,thats why he made that comment. We have trouble trying to get 5 bucks from these guys most times...lol...which is why you see a lot of free stuff here.

While your models are very nice looking in picture/render format, shots in game are much more prefered as it shows the reality of the model in use.
filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 16:32 Edited at: 17th Nov 2006 16:33
Quote: "These will work in FPSC, as the models only use one texture per object. "

this no longer applies to FPSC. Its now possible to have multiple textures per object.

Good models, but I doubt people would spend $18 on this pack before buying all of the $20 TGC model packs first. (look at me, I havent even bought a single pack yet)

-- n00b at playing games...and now at making em too :p --
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 16:34 Edited at: 17th Nov 2006 16:39
@Stevie
You don't get it man. I can get a 10,000 poly model in FPSC. Don't mean it will run well. Don't matter your models are low in polys at this time. We can't do big outdoor scenes like Torque and other engines. So even if they would work in FPSC, the engines limits keep us from doing large outdoor sections.

I don't think Ben looked on his site at the whole pack. There's a lot more that comes with this then what's shown here(which is another marketing mistake), and actually isn't a bad deal. Point is I could render a turd in max and make it look good. Till people see how these are going to look in the engine there useless.

Also looking at his site I don't see where the licensing for the images he used as textures are. Were license crazy, and anti piracy fanatics around here(well the older members and staff anyways). Seeing those are not hand painted the licensing needs to be displayed, and if you can't prove where you got them or that you took the photos....well....you know what happens. You cant get away with "I took the photos so I gave myself the license." You'd need to upload and register your images on a site, so if were ever came back on for using the textures we can can say "SiteA.com holds the licence". The burden of proof is on you. Were not expected to believe anything blindly.
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 17:01
Quote: "The majority of people in these forums are too young to afford anything,,thats why he made that comment. We have trouble trying to get 5 bucks from these guys most times...lol...which is why you see a lot of free stuff here. "

Dead on. If you want to sell anything around here, you have to know the community as Stamina stated. You have to compare with the other packs around. TGC are selling their 'official' packs for $19.99. Those pack contain a lot of items, compared to those your packs are small. That's just the way it is and if you really want to sell anything around here, it's better to get in line to ensure good sales.

As you may see from my website, I'm selling content around here as well. Pricing was something I had to think about for a long time. In the end I've decided to go with the pattern set around here. Is it worth more? Yes of course it is, my latest pack took a long time to create, has a lot of items in it, still kept the price low.

We've seen others trying to sell good stuff for a in this community high price. They sold hardly anything at all.

My thinking is as follows: I'd rather have lot's of people enjoy my work around here, then selling for the price it's worth and which only a few can afford. Same strategy is followed by TGC. due to adapting this strategy many people around here have bought the packs.

When I started selling, I'd figure I'd sell about 20 of each pack around here.... I was wrong, by now I've just stopped counting the sales. Many are enjoying my packs and that's what it's all about. All I ask in return is a small fee for all the hard work I've done.

Also if you want sales around here, your packs need to be FPSC ready. A lot around here simply have no clue how to get a model into FPSC. You have to make sure the models can bu used with out any work from the user needed, besided picking it from the library.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 14:47
I have listened to the posts here, and some have good points. I will set up the packs to be displayed in fpsc shortly, and post back with pictures for you

thankyou for the interest

Steve
Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 20:10
Also in answer to the question about textures, all ours are legit and used with permission.

The village pack textures where all taken by myself, whilst the other packs where sources from either total textures, sub dimension studios or gamebeep.

We use only what we have permission to do so.

Thankyou

Steve
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 00:41 Edited at: 19th Nov 2006 00:50
That's nice and all man but just post the CC on your site so everyone doesn't have to look up 3 sites that we may or may not have access to get the required licensing.

It's not a stab at cha man.....But being in business, you should know by now. Post the license with the product and on the site. It gets rid of all that nasty confusion.

If you didn't know we have a contest coming up on this site that we may have to prove custom media. This could be a huge hang up for those wanting to enter. So right now I'm barkin on everyone's door that's giving/selling media to display a CCL. We have one member with a decent game struggling to find license and get releases. Don't make us freak at the last moment.

PS: And any images you took you need some way of proving there yours. Perhaps selling them on some site to establish precedence/registering with the Creative Commons web site.....something...can't just say "I took um". Cause Nvidia not going to take that answer if they want to check your resources.
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 15:40
Still no in game screenie? 17 smackers out my wallet?

Those models look nice, but you need to work this out.

You don't have to be insane to answer my questions, but it helps

visit www.gameshell.tk
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 19:39
Quote: "registering with the Creative Commons web site"

I just checked out that site and I was like this is fantastic and very helpfull... Even though its not an actual copyright it is probably as close as your going to get without dulling out some cash from your pocket to protect your work.... I highly suggest using this I know I will be...

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 03:08
Quote: "The burden of proof is on you. Were not expected to believe anything blindly."

Quote: "PS: And any images you took you need some way of proving there yours. Perhaps selling them on some site to establish precedence/registering with the Creative Commons web site.....something...can't just say "I took um". Cause Nvidia not going to take that answer if they want to check your resources. "

Ok, First things first...I am not starting a grudge match here. So do not take offense ot anything I say....

You do not need to register any image that you take to any website. You do not have to sell anythign to show copywrite ownership.

When you take a picture on a digital camera it leaves a time signature on the flash card. You should have two folders on your flash card. one with driver info and the other with the actual photos. there is a log in there as to when they were taken. Another thing you can do is use Adobe or simular product and load the photos to the file share as it will automatically publish them with the proper documentation to show onwership. When ever possible you should turn the time stamp option on, providing your camera has the option.

I do have a question for the community though. Have any of you questioned total textures, absolute textures or Sub demension studios about the validity of there stock photos? Ok what I am trying to say is the lisence is only required upon download of the item. On the install it should have a blurp and a readme file with the ful details.

I know that I have allowed Steve to use 1 texture for his fantasy cartoon pack, and after a recent trip to Cambridge for game research my dev team snapped around 500 pitcures, and I have allowed him to use what ever he wanted from that lot. I do not have to worry about the creative commons or anything like that because of the digital signature that is generated by editing the photos in PS CS and I also retain the origionals in a .rar file that also has a time stamp on them.

As long as you retain the digital copy your going to be safe. The thing with custom photography is it will turn in to a he said she said debate. He who has the digital signature will win.

Anyways.............

I like the new pack Steve. I will be downloading it soon perhaps tommorrow morning when I get home from work.

RF

Cut scenes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 03:17
wOw

"People are easier to search when they're dead."--Captain Barbosa

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 22:28:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 22:28:55