Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I went to update from 2.0 to 2.2 since i have been away for a while and the page where your supposed to download the update is unavailable. I have written the author with a copy of my reciept from paypal but receieved no response. is MagicFps still being supported?
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 19:09
Yes, I also had a bit of trouble getting this, it was 9 days with constant bombardment of emails that he finally responded. I'm helping you here because no one helped me, I was told "it's not an FPSC issue so email the author", which of course I did, numerous time. Just keep trying, and good luck!

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 19:20
Quote: "I'm helping you here because no one helped me, I was told "it's not an FPSC issue so email the author""

And you're telling him the same thing. Just because you didn't like the responses you got doesn't mean that people were not trying to help. Just like you, they couldn't.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Jikito
Years of Service
User Offline
well thanks for the help. I e-mailed several times, but after a couple of weeks gave up and bought another copy..*lesigh*
I figured that perhaps the author is young and swamped with all the christmassy stuff.
altho it would be great to see continued progress on magicfps.. it has come a long way and a half since i first bought it.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 20:41
What I told you...and what I am telling him...is that it is not a TGC product and it is a 3rd party product so we as well as the folks at TGC cannot do anything about it at this point.
If you buy a third party app from a member in these forums you usually deal directly with them.
The usual rules about buying stuff over the net apply on these forums as well.
Regarding the former issue alluded to that occurred earlier I attempted to contact Sinistar through e-mail.
He e-mailed me back almost immediately and took care of the problem.
If someone has a problem with Magic FPS and it is not resolved within a reasonable amount of time I will attempt to e-mail him again.
We as mods as well as TGC usually do not interfere in the buying and/or selling of third party software.
As far as I know all third party software being sold on the FPSC forums is good and you get good customer service from the seller.

Jikito
Years of Service
User Offline
I realized it was a 3rd party program when I purchased it. *smiles*
I wasnt dissing on the software or its author.
I was only wondering if it was still being supported and if other members of the community knew if he was still around or not.
Often times 3rd party aps or plugins from all over go poof..and i am sort of used to that.
It was only 15 dollars so was no problem to repurchase...but I would still love to know if anyone knows if the author is going to continue on with the product or not.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 22:24
He has done quite a bit with Magic FPS.
So my best guess would be that he will continue to update it.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 22:58
Fred, may I ask, did you email he on my behalf?

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2006 23:36
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 01:08
Thank you, may be that's why he replied. Although you say no one can help with third party software, it seems to have been your help that helped the matter along

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 01:59
I don't mind sending an e-mail if it helps...sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.
I am glad that it helped in your case.
I have dealt with Sinistar quite a bit and he is pretty good about support.
I am sure that,in time,he will make more improvements on an already great product.
If you guys haven't had the chance check out the ability of Magic FPS to make box object entities.
You can save yourself a lot of time with it.
And there is the rock maker.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2006 03:14
Yeah makin rocks is a problem.....hate when ya cook it to long and waste your whole stash.

OK, I know that was off topic but the leadin line was there and I couldn't stand not saying the punchline....
My bad
Loc
Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't get the first emails. I think they got caught in my spam filter. Good luck.

LOL Locrian, that was funny!
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2006 00:01
Sinistar,
Sent you an e-mail to the address on your e-mail button.

electric chihuahua
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I purchased MagicFPS today. I sent him an email today as well and got a response shortly after. Good customer service! Good product too!
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2006 10:46
In reguards to MagicFPS.....Sinistar has always done good by his product with me.I have always gotten a response in a very timely fashion. And when I needed some support in an area I was having problems with Sinistar responded pretty fast and kept me ontime with the project I was working on. Thats why I always recomend MagicFPS to people who are in need of his product.

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 02:45:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 02:45:51