Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] School Daze: Free school entity/segment pack from 3DDesign.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 08:43 Edited at: 18th Jan 2007 08:45
Quote: "indi,
I get off the computer for a few hours and this happens...
I don't know exactly what is going on or why but I will make this perfectly clear for anyone who does not understand it.
I will not put up with this nonsense about a double standard when it comes to moderation.
I personally have said htat I moderate as fairly as possible and I try to treat everyone the same.I take some of what I have read as far as the opinions of some people and their opinions of FPSC moderators and how they do their jobs as an insult.
Are we truly supposed to believe that all four FPSC forum mods are playing favorites while one outside moderator comes in and plays sheriff?
If you have issues with the way I or any other mod do our jobs then please post it in the proper forum and not drag out your childish games for all to see.
You have had these problems before and the way I see it your are abusing your mod powers to carry out a personal vendetta against Locrian.
If that is not the case then I will assume now that you moved this thread (which you may or may not have had a right to do) so you could wield your modly powers and the FPSC mods could do nothing about it.
I don't know how the rest of the FPSC mods are going to react about your moderation...and what I consider an insult to all of us mods.
But I am reacting now...and I am unhappy.You should have left this alone but you wanted to be petty and pick a fight.
Now as soon as I get the chance I am heading over to the proper forum to discuss this and I hope to find you there so we can settle this like adults.
There is no excuse for this."

One word, Owned.

@FredP

If anyone here has stepped over any lines it was Indi. He over stepped his boundaries and right on the FPSC mods' toes.

@Indi

The FPSC boards are modderated very fairly. We FPSC users believe very strongly in speaking our minds and telling people what we actually think of their work. This is why the most impressive stuff, in my personal opinion, is in the FPSC boards. Because we push each other to new levels of creativity and skill. Now I admire Loc for doing what he did because he was driving the community forward.

@Greenlig

How would you like it if FredP or KeithC came over to the DBPro boards and started attacking the "little things" and totally messing up the balence on those boards? Not very much would you? So (no offense) you can just shut up and sit down.

Level Designer Looking for work!
XK0be
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 08:56
I've waited for a week or so to either get a couple weapons done and make my first thread, or find the perfect thread to make my first post in.

I've found it...

I've been following this arguement since it began... But since I'm in no place to get involved in it, I just wanted to post here and give a nice little "Hello" to everyone...

And of course, amazing models Loc! How do you find the time to do this and make your game? Do you even sleep?

BoZo D35TR0Y3R - XBL
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 10:49 Edited at: 18th Jan 2007 10:51
Quote: "I don't know exactly what is going on or why but I will make this perfectly clear for anyone who does not understand it."

I know what's going on and imo indi is abusing his mod position. It's obvious that indi feels that Locrian has insulted one of his buddies, while imo he didn't at all.

Now all of sudden indi bursts into the FPSC forum, never having been there before, singles out one member, Locrian, and starts insulting him, others and the FPSC forum mods. I do find indi's behaviour quite shocking, especially since he's a mod. He's been here since 2002 and nver shown any interest in the FPSC boards at all all that time. Sorry to say indi, but obviously something is completele wrong with what you're doing.

Quote: "You show a lot of disrespect towards moderators and other users, it wont be tolerated."

To be honest, you do excactly the same, as a mod you should lead by example, but you're a bad example at the moment. There's cleary an ulterior motive in your actions and it is very disrespectfull to other forum members and other mods. Now you may not view it that way, but that's how your current actions come across. All of this is feeling like abuse of mod power, blaming others for the same things you do.

As a mod, you crossed a line and something should be done about it. Sorry for speaking out my mind out loud, but this just doesn't feel right at all.

Now back to the topic.... Locrian, this is excellent stuff, don't let anyone make you think otherwise. This is going to be fun much use in FPSC! Keep it coming

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 11:21
For the record ive never met hubdule and ive known him only through here.
If your trying to use the buddy attitude your sorely mistaken.
He is an older member, everyone should be given the same respect, Regardless.

Regardless of who it is, who uses that type of insult, if i saw it, it would have caught the same result.
Im starting to receive emails about actions within this area of FPSC, and i will act on them accordingly.

Racist insults about going back to your country/forum and gloating about running people off the forums is very bad in my eyes. If i catch that nonsense again, expect it to be less verbal and more action.

Im a moderator for the whole board in case you forget, I dont use FPSC so i dont answer the questions required by users, that doesnt mean you can break the rules, and it doesnt mean i read that area once in a while. When something is brought to my attention, expect me to deal with it.

Your quite welcome to do whatever you want in the forum areas, but dont let me catch insults or racist comments regardless of how long you have been here or your phantom status quo regarding the pecking order.

A statement to suggest its the best area is really just an opinion. Have a go at coding a full game from scratch one day, instead of just making media for a pre designed engine. Please dont delude yourselves regarding everyones level of proficiency.

Ive explained whats required more then once now, try to evaluate it as a positive aspect to the whole community.

Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 11:33 Edited at: 18th Jan 2007 11:42
Thanks for the clarification. I still find it very odd that after all these years and many troubles that have been with the FPSC communtity in the past, you never took any action when it was at it's worst and now suddenly you do. That still makes me wonder.... where were you when the FPSC was a huge mess that the current FPSC mods resolved? They had to be chosen, cause none of you wanted to deal with the FPSC forums. Then you had no interested at all, so your clarification makes no sense at all. Sorry to say so, but when people were really insulting each other and being huge racists, you did hide in your other forum sections, leaving us as a prey to the wolves. So don't give us that hunting down insulters and racist non-sense now, you should have been there when we really needed you. But at that time you and many other mods choose to let us all down, by sitting on the fence, ignoring and avioding us. So your story doesn't add up with reality at all.

Quote: "Have a go at coding a full game from scratch one day, instead of just making media for a pre designed engine. "

Now you're doing it again.... as a FPSC user and creator of content for FPSC you're insulting me. As if I'm inferior without having coded a full game. This remark has nothing to with anything at all, so could you please stop insulting us as a community?

FYI, I've coded full games and applications, FPSC is only one of the engines I do use. I always choose the best tool to get the job done and for certain projects, that is FPSC.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Have a go at coding a full game from scratch one day, instead of just making media for a pre designed engine."

This is highly offensive.

It's this sort of programmer vs. artist vs. designer trash that leads to much dissatisfaction in the industry and it really gets under my skin.

Please, indy... Let it go and move this back to the forum where it belongs. You're allowing yourself to be baited and it's a little sad because you've lost any moral high-ground long ago.
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 12:14
Quote: "
How would you like it if FredP or KeithC came over to the DBPro boards and started attacking the "little things" and totally messing up the balence on those boards? Not very much would you? So (no offense) you can just shut up and sit down."

Your'e not 13 by any chance are you Godrich13?

Blender3D - GIMP - WINXP - DBPro
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 13:57
Quote: "Your'e not 13 by any chance are you Godrich13?"

Once again, we find greenlig breaking the rules by posting users ages, but not to worry. Indy will clean it up for you again.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 13:58
I would not come over to the DBPro boards and start "cherry-picking" posts and users, because I'm not really part of that side of the house. Unless I see obvious AUP violations (such as bypassing the swear filter, or blatantly threatening someone), I don't get involved because I don't know the personalities involved. Even though we don't have the power to lock threads, or move threads outside of FPSC; we can still ban/slap anyone, and delete their posts. I rarely do so outside of the FPSC area for the reasons I stated above.

I have had occassion to frequent this board before we had to entice the FPSC crowd over here, and I've always found Greenlig to be a great person here. I feel he's a bit "upset" about what's going on in the board he frequents most (which I understand), so I have nothing negative to say about him.

Quote: "Have a go at coding a full game from scratch one day, instead of just making media for a pre designed engine."

Yep, I'm pretty offended by this statement as well. I know that Indi knows how to make his own media, as I've seen it. doesn't excuse the statement though.

-Keith

bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Have a go at coding a full game from scratch one day, instead of just making media for a pre designed engine. Please dont delude yourselves regarding everyones level of proficiency"

Ouch. Way to talk down to an entire community. I've seen some of your media, and while it might be fine for 1999-era games, making media nowadays is both a highly technical skill AND an artisic one.

Try creating both a low and high poly properly deforming model, normal map it, rig and animate it. It's anything but easy.

I have HUGE respect for anyone that can program a 3d engine from scratch, but insinuating that "just" making media is somehow inferior or childish is insulting across the board.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 16:05
We've seemed to drifed a bit off topic...ish...

filya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 16:27
wow!!! I thought this was a M&M topic about the 'School Pack' by Loc.

What has this turned into?? Can I request everyone to show some respect to Loc and shift this argument to a new thread please?

Quote: ""Have a go at coding a full game from scratch one day, instead of just making media for a pre designed engine.""

There are no 'rules' in the AUP against this kind of talk???

-- game dev is fun...but taking up too much time --
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 16:31
Welcome back to the Big Boy forum. Now get back to work... I really do want this pack. I've got a few ideas for it already.

Best.

Godrich13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 16:44
Quote: "Have a go at coding a full game from scratch one day, instead of just making media for a pre designed engine"

I have before, and I find it both more challenging and fullfilling to create media and share it with the people...for free...

Quote: "Your'e not 13 by any chance are you Godrich13?"

Kid, I've only seen you like 4 times and already I don't like you.

Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 16:59
Next on Jerry Springer.....

Good Looking models Loc.

RF

Godrich13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 17:02
IDK if i have said this yet but...

Nice models Loc. I am very eagerly awaiting this pack.

JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 17:53

And it's free! hence the title...

www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff THE FORUM IS UP! JOIN NOW AND GET UNREALEASED MODEL PACK! Space open for first 3 joiners.
Evil Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 18:12 Edited at: 18th Jan 2007 18:14
Quote: "Have a go at coding a full game from scratch one day, instead of just making media for a pre designed engine"

Indi, not only have you offended the members of the fpsc community when you say that, you have offended several of the best modelers, scripters, texture artists and most importantly moderators on this board. In my opinion and many other forum members opinions, you are abusing mod powers.

My final statment to you; leave locrian alone, go back to the DBPro boards and "code a game from scratch" while locrian gets on with his pack for those that appreciate the amount of hard work that he is putting into it.

note to mods: if indi bans/slaps me is there anything you can do besides wait?

and locrian, best of luck with the pack

Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
Locrian's done nothing wrong. He's making his own school pack and he's doing it well, there's nothing wrong with him he's minding his own business.

This is just the best segment\entity pack I've seen. When I get 3DS Max can I help you out? I'll learn how to model and make some students with MP5 weapons! imagine that - a year 7 (maybe a clone of me) in a Geography room, going berserk! How's about that!

-Phlumetoid

[center]
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 21:19 Edited at: 19th Jan 2007 03:36
Edit:rant removed.
These are really hot models Loc.
Locrian's opinion to me is worth note,whatever he's saying,as he tells it like it is.
@indi
In your own words:
Please dont delude yourself regarding everyones level of proficiency.
Nebulon
Years of Service
User Offline
Cant wait bro! looks nice!

The Imagineer
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 23:15
Hey guys, Just posting to make an apology for some stuff I said yesterday. I removed most of my stuff, not Indi, cause I realised it was pointless and inane.

@Godrich13, sorry bout that. It was 37 degrees here yesterday, thats about 20 degrees hotter than any given day in the last 6 years. I don't do well in the heat and fired my lip at a few people including my boss My apologies for being offensive.

I assumed this post was made in the 3D section and that is what made me annoyed. I occasionally go to the FPSC boards and they used to be full of prepubescent keyboard warriors and I wrongfully assumed that was still the case. My bad.

Regards,
Greenlig

Blender3D - GIMP - WINXP - DBPro
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 23:43
greenlig,

Thanks for stopping by and standing up. In the heat of battle (even little ones) it's easy to get caught up in the frenzy and I also overstepped my bounds. For that I apologize. According to Keith you're a stand up guy and I can now see that this is so.

This board has grown tremendously in the last year and I'm kind of proud of it. My stance was more so one of protecting than offending.

Best.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2007 23:59
Loc - nice models. Sorry your thread seems to be a bit...overrun...

RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 03:03
WOAH!!! What has happened to this thread?

Quote: "Maybe I overreacted a little"

Fredp- You handled it perfect.

How about we get back on track about the school entities, eh?

Tiggle Bitties

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 04:00
Wow. i just must say wow, i thought keith or fred i dont remember who said it, but one of you 2 said that we wouldnt see a battle royale, and we did, and its awesome. I too dont appreciate what indi said. But what can i do im only a user and my opinion doesnt matter much.

But...!
wow i cant believe a flame war between mods...freakin awesome
uhmmm back on subject

Loc its been a day or two, wheres our promised updates, i really want to get my hands on those .psds ;D

mod flame wars are great!

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 05:08
Im making the final layout now...all screen shots have been taken...and like I said...12pm..*blows raspberry*
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 05:11
woot, you must release this soon... it looks great

You'll Know When You See It.

Death has no end
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 06:11
looks nice. looking forward to it.

how come last tine there was a school pack, there comments such as,

Quote: "Uh, schools a bit risky for a shooter huh?, what are you making,
Doom 4: Detention at Columbine?!"

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

"Once again you've snatched defeat from the jaws of victory!"
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2007 06:21
Mods if you'd please lock this. The down load is ready so I'll make a new thread.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:22:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:22:38