Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Walls and Signs

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2007 20:03
Perhaps someone has overcome this problem and can share how they did it.

When I make wall segments in Signs, I cannot get doors / windows to go through them. Take a look at this pic:

All three windows are the same window segment but the bottom wall is a complete room segment while the top wall is just a wall. The window works ok when it's a room segment but not a wall.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2007 20:16 Edited at: 28th Jan 2007 20:20
I'll go test it now.

-phlumetoid

EDIT: Eek! Actually, that does look quite good...it'd look better with the actual window though.

[center]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2007 20:38
You can't put a door/window in a wall(cause it's an entity only)....It has to be a segment. You can make a single wall segment from signs though, and this would be the alternative.
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2007 20:49
you have to make it a room segment then go in to wall mode.

Tiggle Bitties

REDMAN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2007 21:04
nice walls you got there Nickydude

Too wierd to live, Too rare to die.
-Gonzo-
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2007 21:23
Recognise them do you

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2007 21:33
@ Locrian: I'm not quite with your there Loc, I AM making a single wall segment in signs and it's those walls that are the problem

@ Jenkins: You mean go into wall mode in FPSC? Tried that, it places the floor as well which is why I was making it a wall only. I've tried going into the Room editor in Signs and just having an inner and outer wall but it says you must also have a floor (which is logical for a 'room' segment really).

REDMAN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2007 21:39 Edited at: 28th Jan 2007 21:40
hehe its good see'in them in a game...and a bit weird lol

sorry for goin off topic

Too wierd to live, Too rare to die.
-Gonzo-
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2007 23:26
Doesn't the wall have to be a doubt wall for that to work? Like one wall backed with another wall. Place a wall seg, then rotate 180 and place it at the same spot and it should double up.
Paul

Sleep is no real substitute for Coffee...
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2007 23:35
Quote: "@ Jenkins: You mean go into wall mode in FPSC? Tried that, it places the floor as well which is why I was making it a wall only. I've tried going into the Room editor in Signs and just having an inner and outer wall but it says you must also have a floor (which is logical for a 'room' segment really)."

Yeah I know it does that. But it's the only way I've found that what you want is possible. Sorry but that's all I can help you with.

Tiggle Bitties

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2007 00:23
It is a pity they have to be room segments for doors and windows to go through. I've now sorted it, I created two similar rooms, an interior one, having interior walls on both sides, and one with an interior on the inside and the stone look on the outside.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2007 00:52
Jenkins is right

You can't make a csg hole into a wall segment made in signs or a wall segment made with the FPSC segment editor regardless of being a segment or an entity

To make a wall that can have windows / doors in signs you need to make a room segment. Use either inner wall only or both inner & outer wall (works for both). Add a ceiling if you wish. Then once saved / exported to FPSC go into the level editor and load the new room segment. Then press m (paint wall only mode) then once your wall is in place add a working door segment (with green csg area) and position so it goes either side of the wall segment. Now it will work

Alternatively for those without signs, if using the FPSC segment editor you either need to make a room segment (see segment editor tutorial 2) or for something like a door have a custom mesh that has already been extruded where your csg mesh is going to go through. Then place the csg mesh through it ensuring that you select main segment mesh and press i so that it is set to 'no csg' (see tutorial 3)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:17:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:17:16