Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / App Developers Group

Author
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2012 17:41
New year's Eve is 31st December Mr.V

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 19th Nov 2012 17:54
I got to stop living abroad... haha no I shall continue to do so lol... Yeah I am glad that was wrapped up... Had to ask a shop next door to remind me lol...

The Slayer
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: (Hide and) Seek and Destroy on my guitar!
Posted: 19th Nov 2012 19:41
Well chosen theme for the comp, bax!
I shall start on a bunch of animated spritesheets, stunning skyboxes (.dds), and sweet textures for prizes!

May the best man/woman win! Good luck, everyone!!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2012 22:42
Awesome, thanks The Slayer!

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2012 04:25
Cool competition bax! I assume everything is judged in one big pot? Artwork vs app vs etc?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2012 10:53
Quote: "I assume everything is judged in one big pot? Artwork vs app vs etc?"

That's the plan

lilpissywilly
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2012 12:15
Starting a little side-project as of now for this compo. In the true spirit of coding creativity I thought I'd attempt a game completely without media

Toby

My hovercraft is full of eels
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2012 12:21
@lilpissywilly, that's great glad you want to get involved!

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2012 11:10
Official competition thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=201703&b=2

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 09:27 Edited at: 29th Nov 2012 09:28
Hi guys. Had a quick question that I wondered if you could help me with. I've been having a bit of difficulty getting my Abacus App validated on AppUp. A version has already been validated but I need to resubmit to update the certificate. Anyhow the latest rejection I got was because my app is apparently not compatible with Windows 8 (I added Windows 8 as a platform in this version). What is interesting about this is that I have tested it on Windows 8 and it definitely runs. However having looked at their screenshot, the error they're getting appears to be generated by AppUp itself... Here is the screeny they gave me:

Now I can't really understand this. How is AppUp getting the idea it isn't compatible? All I can think is that somehow, the previous rules I set (only for Windows XP-7) are still being applied, even though the new submission is being marked as compatible with Windows 8 as well. Has anyone else encountered this problem or have any thoughts on how to get around it? Thanks.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 10:24 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2012 22:40
Hi Lucas, I haven't got a clue why it would generate this error. I would contact the validation team to see if they can help. Mention that it is for this competition in your email and it might speed up the process.

Mine was rejected a second time because I didn't put "TM" after the word "Ultrabook" in my description....

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2012 11:13
Did the error occur upon executing the installation or launching the app after installation?

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2012 09:16
Quote: "I would contact the validation team to see if they can help. Mention that it is for this competition in your email and it might speed up the process."

I will try and contact them although I've never had much luck with that. Thankfully this isn't my competition entry though (that got validated a couple of days ago) so hopefully I'll be OK.

Quote: "Mine was rejected a second time because I didn't put "TM" after the word "Ultrabook" in my description..."

Good thing I didn't use the word ultrabook in my description then! Bullet dodged! You know, Intel's been trolling me quite a bit too recently. Like the last version of the Abacus I submitted, they rejected it on the grounds that the app was called "Abacus App" in the app store but the desktop icon was labelled "Abacus". Everything else worked fine. Also it looks like you can no longer get away with submitting a DBP app without the merge module so I'm going to have to add 60MB or so to RADAR to get it revalidated which I'm sure is going to go down just great with the users.. Oh well. I hope they managed to get your validated in time.

Quote: "Did the error occur upon executing the installation or launching the app after installation?"

It occures whilst trying to install I think. Interestingly Intel even seems to accept that this is an internal error as they said:

Quote: "Issue: Application shows “Unfortunately this application is not compatible with your MS Windows version. Please, contact support for help. Reference code: 1204.” error message. But, the application can be installed using .msi file."

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2012 11:31
TGC Prizes
TGC are offering some great prizes for the "New Beginnings" competition. The winners can spend up to a set amount of cash on TGC products as follows:

1st Prize - $100
2nd / 3rd Prize - $50
4th / 5th Prize - $25

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2012 17:15
Very Very much AWESOME! thank you guys!

My progress is halted due to vandals... they broke some of my garden fences while trying to break into some properties...

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2012 23:41
Hi again guys. Following up on baxslash's suggestion, I contacted Intel about the error I have been receiving but as yet, I've not heard anything back from them. In fact, this is the second query I have sent to them that has not been answered - so far anyway.

At the bottom of the validation report, it says this:
Quote: "If you think your application was rejected in error, you can appeal your application validation results. Send your application name and GUID to iadp-validation@intel.com. Provide supporting details in terms of reported issue and reason for your appeal. We will review and notify you via email regarding our decision. If the appeal is not accepted, we will refer you to additional resources to assist you."

so I have been sending my emails to iadp-validation@intel.com. When you guys want to contact Intel, is this the address you use? Have you had any luck getting in contact with them in the past?

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
its really nice of TGC to offer these prices. well done
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 08:00
Lucas I have a contact at intel, email me the details of your app and account name on AppUp and I'll see what can be done. I'll also pass on a number of concerns raised recently.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 09:02 Edited at: 10th Dec 2012 09:10
Quote: "Lucas I have a contact at intel, email me the details of your app and account name on AppUp and I'll see what can be done."

Thanks baxslash! I will do.

Quote: "I'll also pass on a number of concerns raised recently."

That sounds good. Which particular things were you thinking of? I don't remember if I said but both my updated versions of RADAR have also been rejected. The reasons are much more explicable than for the Abacus App but it is interesting because the major issue seems to be to do with the whole clean install thing. We used to have to include the DBP merge module file to get our apps validated but then Jordi told me that we didn't need to so I remove it and sure enough, it was validated fine. However now, the issue seems to be the old thing about DX not being installed so I'm wondering if I'm going to have to include the merge module file again.

EDIT:
Just noticed your new avatar baxslash! Haha, very Christmasy! And very subtle.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 10:06
Quote: "Which particular things were you thinking of?"

There have been a number of minor issues that have been raised on the AppGameKit board over the Ultrabook competition.

Quote: "I'm wondering if I'm going to have to include the merge module file again."

It's possible I guess. 60Mb is quite a bit to add I guess but it does cover your bases.

Quote: "Just noticed your new avatar baxslash! Haha, very Christmasy! And very subtle."

I wondered who would be first to notice

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 10:15
Can I ask a stupid question? (time for me to learn something hopefully)

What's the merge module and how does it work?

I gather it has something to do with DX...

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 10:22
It contains all the runtimes including the version of DX9 (I believe) required to run a DBPro game. By including it in your installer it ensures your DBPro game has everything your game needs to run on machines that may not already have the runtimes installed.

Runtime Library

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 10:37
Quote: "What's the merge module and how does it work?"

This is an interesting read.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 10:39
So it is just that 80meg pack that's in DGS?

So it still requires installation correct?

Thanks

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 10:56
errr thank you Hodgey, read the intro page, will read the rest tonight hopefully, bookmarked never-the-less... And why are you on Post mod?

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 11:03 Edited at: 10th Dec 2012 11:05
Quote: "And why are you on Post mod?"

Is he? what makes you say that?

Edit: His profile shows no bans or slaps...

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 11:10
Quote: "And why are you on Post mod?"

It's apart of the initiation when becoming a moderator, you need to experience both a slap and ban so you completely understand it when you deal it to forumites who step out of line.

I'm just kidding, I'm not on post mod.

Quote: "Edit: His profile shows no bans or slaps..."

Thank goodness for that.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 11:58
So where is your post?

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 12:07 Edited at: 10th Dec 2012 12:07
I assume you mean this one. I think it snuck it just before you posted so you missed it but got the email.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2012 12:26
Oh... Weird lol...

So this merge module is embedded in an installer rather than a called executable whereby either a silent install or the user is prompted correct?

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2012 13:15

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 14:52:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 14:52:38