Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] zombies the game- more screenshots

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 21:16
Looks awesome! And this will be free? Outstanding!

Intel P4 Processor 519 3.06 Ghz, 1536 MB DDR, Ati Radeon 9550 256MB
My site: http://www.freewebs.com/nigezu
Godrich13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 02:28
Not sure when I will be able to get that level to you. My comp is being a little naughty. I am close to finishing though. What's Next?

iGd
Years of Service
User Offline
looking really amazing.
Im guessing this is your entry for the nVidia competition?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------- Coming 2008 ------------------------
Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 19:24
This game boosts my confidence in FPSC

I am a manifestation of your subconscious.
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 20:28
Hi guys,
Thanks for all the kind comments guys. In answer to IGD's post.I am not going to enter the Nvidia comp to to i want to place all my effort in to this game.

@Godrich13- Continue with the dream level state for level 5. I shall explain more to you on MSN.

Anyway. Two More screenies of inside the ship. You will notice that i am keeping to the same style of segements due to i want to create the feeling of "Being safe" in one area,only to be thrown into another completely different area.

Screenie 1

Zombies: Dark shadows RELEASE DATE: TBC

Attachments

Login to view attachments
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 20:30
Screenie 2. Please leave feedback

Attachments

Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 21:48
Are you a God?

Jahya
Years of Service
User Offline
That zombie graphic in your sig is from another game is'nt it? I dont think they would appreciate thier art asset being used for another title.
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
The new screens look really great, in fact they all do. But one thing comes to mind...where are the zombies? For a game called "zombie the game" I've yet to see a single zombie, or are you purposely keeping them a surprise?

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://www.hyrumark.com
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 22:07
@bond1-
Quote: "where are the zombies? For a game called "zombie the game" I've yet to see a single zombie, or are you purposely keeping them a surprise?"

lol. I am keeping them for a suprise. I always feel that if i place a enemy in a screenshot,it gives the audience the feeling of a action game,where you fight zombies 1 0n 1 style,and that i don't want. I am showcasing the atmosphere of the game. I want to give the player the feeling of Loneliness,then suddenly ä zombie pops out in front of you,or a shaodw runs towards you.

Anyway. Another screenie of inside the ship (this is still a WIP)
Please leave feedback

-Josh-

Attachments

NIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 22:20
Looks great creator of zombies. Reminiscent of that aircraft carrier level in Far Cry.

- NIK

Puff Puff Pass
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2006 22:42
Those screenshots look brilliant!

http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com
Steam Assassin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 03:40
Quote: "Reminiscent of that aircraft carrier level in Far Cry."

I completely agree.

Your signature has been erased by a Mod, because I am bored.
DoOmEd MaRiNe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 09:51
Hey Long time no see,nice game i have to say
Its given me idea's to my new game

Cheers
Ollie

How can i feel if i can't breath.
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 21:11
Hi guys,
I have a favour to ask. Would anybody mind making me a white version of one of the flares in the animated sprite pack. This is something i REALLY REALLY would like in my game to make it look even more kick A$$!!!

Thanks guys

-Josh-

More screenies coming soon!!

Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 21:17
He doesn't use that anymore.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2006 21:34
Quote: "He doesn't use that anymore."

who doesn't

Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 12:50
That's very atmospheric.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 20:49
new screenie of inside a ship hull. This is also a WIP. (notice the lighting effect decal)

please leave feedback

Attachments

Inverted
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2006 20:56
Awesome work!
Wered u get that light

Opposites are different, not wrong
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 01:37 Edited at: 20th Nov 2006 01:38
really nice screenshot there! the m4a1 makes it look like farcry, good job

maybe ive missed it, but ive yet to see some zombies

edit:

never mind, i read the post on the page before.

Natflash Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 21:43 Edited at: 25th Nov 2006 21:03
Well I am extremely sorry to say, that you CANNOT sell this game, did you think I wouldnt notice if you stole a load of media from my game?

Despite that, along with my media, there are also textures in there that I got from Far Cry, with FTD being non-commercial.

Simple as, you cant steal my stuff and use it in a commercial game, and I seriously doubt that Ubisoft would let you use their media.
As for the loading screen, its also mine, you just blurred and smudged it a little.
Be assured, I am not happy, and after all the help I gave you.

Edit:
After the conversation I just had with you, I understand it would probably be hard to find all my textures and change them ect.
So this once I will let you use whatever media you have of mine non-commercially, and it is up to you weather you will keep the Far Cry textures.

Check out my site for the latest on my games.
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 22:28 Edited at: 20th Nov 2006 22:48
@Natflash Games- Thanks Natflash fro being understanding.Most of the textures i am using are either from: MP5,google and FarCry.But i do admit that some i did get from FTD

Here a few notes to everybody else:

1) i shall not be selling or making money from my game in any way
2)This game is non-commercial

Anyway

More screenies comming soon

Note to MODS- Everything has been sorted out. I have had promission from the author to use some of his textures,and everyhting shall resume as normal. There is no need to unleash the punishment stick

ultraplex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2006 23:07
ok fix the link to your website and release a demo or somert...mint

Never eat yellow snow
Sysdevja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2006 02:48
I sent you an email, game has potential.

- Solar System Studios - Developing games since 2001
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2006 17:20
@ultraplex- Hi. My website is down due to a server problem. In answer to your demo question. A demo shall not be out for some time due to minor tweaks to the gameplay.

Anyway,more screenies coming soon!!!

-Josh-

Gamz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2006 18:58
Great to hear things are going okay (apart from the server!)

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2006 19:24 Edited at: 26th Nov 2006 01:07
Hmmm....Natflash's post takes me back to a post made in this much earlier where I said I apologized for looking at his signature, and not giving the game much of a chance. Seems I was right, and a sig that newbie looking wouldn't have made those graphics.

It's bad enough you steal from a real game , but to steal from someone on this site?

If it was up to me you'd be banned for life for stealing from a fellow member. A a flaming piece of dog doo you are....and who cares if it's hard to find all Nat's textures....shouldn't have taken um without permission.

I hate thieves so much........
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2006 15:45
@Locrian- I aggree that was i did was wrong and unfair. But when i looked in natflash's game folder, I saw that virtualy EVERY texture in his folder was taken from Far Cry. But to make sure I wouldn't be stealing his main textures,i had a look in the Far Cry textures folder,and guess what,the textures matched up exactly. So, with this infomation in my mind,I took the textures. I thought there was no problem in me doing this due to they didn't belong to natflash,they belonged to ubisoft;and considering that this game is non commercial,and that i wouldn't be making any money out of my game,I wouldn't be told of for copyrighted material due to me not making any money. Anyway. A couple of days later,I had a conversation with Natflash on MSN. In the conversation,natflash claimed that EVERY texture i was using in my levels where his,which of course is not true due to they are EXACTLY the same as far cry's textures; *what a coincidence* NOT!! Natflash's post has led many peole on this forum to belive that all the textures I am using where his which is a lie. The only texture that i think was his (but it might of come form F.E.A.R) was the loading screen background that I was using as a place holder. I have now got rid of the image,and stuck with the standard FPSC zombie background. I am not a thief. I tresure this forum dearly and I would not perpousely steal from another member.
If ALL of the textures that where taken did belong to natflash,then I am Truly sorry. I would never perpousely commit a act such as this to upset another member.

peace

-Josh-

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2006 16:31
Hi guys,
I have some rather dissapointing news to announce. Zombies dark shadows shall now be abandoned.

The reason for this is that there is to much heat flaring up atound this game at the moment. I am going to start a new on a action/horror game called demon sun. I shall make a thread about the game when I have some screenshots.

Hopefully, my new game shall be better than zombies dark shadows.

Thanks

-Josh-

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2006 16:33
Note to mods. Feel free to lock this thread

new thread coming soon!!!

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2006 18:00
Creator of zombies,
I don't know what you took man from Nat. I don't know what Nat took from FarCry. I don't know what you took from Farcry.

I never said you took all of Nats textures. In my book stealing a penny is the same as stealing a million dollars. There is no middle ground. Your either a thieve or your not a thieve. See, this decline in the morality of the worlds people is where I get upset. You guys that would even consider this start out telling yourself "It's only one texture", and when your older you end up swindling the pension of some old company employee, using the same justification you did when you were young starting out with penny annie crap: "Long as it benefits me I don't care who gets stepped on". Don't tell me that's far fetched...it's human nature. Once a small thing is taken, people take more feet till they make miles.

I don't care if you only took one image....I'd still ban you. Be thankful I'm not a mod or this isn't on my server. I'm glad my moral compass was established far before the advent of the internet.
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2006 19:48
@Locrian- I agree with what you are saying. I took natflash's menu texture without his permission.Ok that was wrong. But i only took it as a place holder. I took the image because i wanted to see what my photoshop font looked like on top of the background. It was for test perpouses only. Whn i posted a screenshot of the loading screen,i was showcasing the font and the loading bar,not the background. I now realise i should of placed a message underneath my post saying *background by natflash games*.

I have now seen that what i did was wrong,and it shall be a lesson to me in the future. I would hope this is the end of the matter due to i don't like falling out with fellow forum members. I want to keep a nice attitude to everyone on this forum.

What you are saying is right. You have a right to be angry at me for what i did. I am sorry for not saying that the background was natflash's

thanks

Josh

Demon sun. coming 2007

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 03:29:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 03:29:25