Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / FPSC Doom3 Fan Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 16:47 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2007 17:12
Sorry I haven't gotten you that illumination map or the arcade game, I've been really busy with family recently, and I'm going on vacation tomorrow. I'll see if I can get you that illumination map sometime within the next few days, but I will not be able to do the arcade machine on my laptop.

Downloading now.

EDIT: Just played it, very nice. A couple things though. What was the deal with the zombie guy near the bathroom? You should use one of the pipes that actually end in the beginning of the level, because with that one, you can see into it, and you can see right through the faces. Also, I could probably make you some decent looking mirrors, better than the ones you have now. I was going to make them anyway, why not give them to you.

Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 18:32
Hmm just one question...

You are still using the same textures...
Did you paid him?
Was just wondering.

Also since...for personal use it was 10 dollar?
And for commercial use it was 50/100 dollar?

Anyway...since the demo is released...
I was wondering if you paid for them.

Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 19:00
Thanks for the demo Nomad Soul. Lookin good. It think it would look amazing in X10. I wish I had x10 though. good luck!
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2007 01:32
Quote: "vid looked good but i want to see some zombie action!!! i'll play the demo once my new computer os set up"

No worries, I won't be uploading any more vids now until the demo has progressed enough for some action.

Quote: "Sorry I haven't gotten you that illumination map or the arcade game"

No worries mate. You've already helped out so anything else you do now is a bonus. Thanks

Zombie at the end of the level was just because I wanted to have 1 zombie in there to finish off demo. Guess I should have probably made him killable.

Good idea on the pipe, I'll change that section to an end

Mirrors sound awesome, I can't think of any others I've seen on the forums.

Quote: "You are still using the same textures...
Did you paid him?"

Your right. I've taken the file offline now as I have enquired about a bunch of textures to see what kind of a discount I can get but not actually paid yet so I won't host anything until I have.

Quote: "Thanks for the demo Nomad Soul. Lookin good. It think it would look amazing in X10. I wish I had x10 though. good luck!"

Thanks man. I'm trying to get my head around some things in X10 at the moment before I can see how well the demo map transfers. If it's not going to be a major overhaul then I'll definately work on an X10 version but having found out about the entity scaling thing it's in the balance at the moment.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't want to call out site names but I realize where you got those textures for your walls. I just hope you know that you know the provisions to go by... but I'm sure you do. Please don't get mad at me for this... I know most might. Anyways about the look of the game... it looks very nice but about the plain, grey floors... ditch them. Add a level below those grey areas and give that area lighting or so.

Astek

Second Chairman of COZ's Productions.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2007 17:18
ASTEK, you're a little late for the party. We all discussed this already.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "ASTEK, you're a little late for the party. We all discussed this already."

Oh well I must have skipped a page or something because I missed it. Sorry about that.

Astek

Second Chairman of COZ's Productions.
Troy Chambers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2007 19:04
Dude, this is looking awesome, keep it up.

PHOENIX, an up-coming game by Troy Chambers & DOOMED STUDIOS
Homey the Clown
Years of Service
User Offline
wow looks pretty good. i hate to be the killjoy but... why would you want to reinvent the wheel? are you creating it with the actual story from doom 3? you should honestly come up with your own version like another ressurection of evil expansion pack like thing. ya but make sure to have a flashlight duct taped to the pistol, shotgun, and machinegun...something critical the developers at id have failed to do. :S well the unique thing of remaking doom 1 and 2 is the fact that you can improve the graphics from the original by alot! a remake of quake 1 or 2 would be pretty cool as well. but doom 3's graphics are already like top notch so...ya.

"I don't think so... Homey don't play that."
-Homey D. Clown
Intel Pentium 4 2.4Ghz processor,512MB Ram,GeForce4 MX 4000
chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2007 01:47
well:
1. Doom 1 fan game already made
2. the fun of making a fan game is seeing hoe close you can get to the original
3. Doom 3 is a nearly perfect game. and you certainly arent going to improve on it using fpsc, but like i said, seeing how close you can get to the original is the fun of it.

hello little children UUUAAHHH ARRRGG HELP ITS GOT ME AAAHHHHHHH...... BBBRRRAAAIIINNS, HUNGRY.

metalkill
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice game looks good. Like some of the screens.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2008 13:02
Quote: "I was wondering what are you doing about those little robots that guide you and unlock doors for you. It would be really cool if you figured out a way to do that. "

I think there is a scriptcommand that checks if the player is within range, maybe you could make the droid to follow a waypoint untill the plyer is to far away, if the plyers is to far away the droid sais "Please follow me" or something and when player is in range it continues to follow waypoint. As for door, make a triggerzone with entity in zone and set switch to the remote door as the if used.

I think you should send a mail to Plystire about this.

I found Doom 3 for my Xbox yeasterday, and I must say it is very close to the orginal except the FPSC style of graphic and behaviour.

Keep up the work and this could be something big.

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2008 15:26
Quote: "this could be something big"

it will be and it is.

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2008 01:05
Started working on the mirror a bit ago, Nomad Soul. Check out this link.

chees hed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2008 01:16
the mirror is pitch black. i think its just my coputer. what does the player look like in your mirror? or does he not show up?

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger; but if something kills me, I'm not that strong am I?

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2008 03:41
It's just your computer. The player doesn't show up because it's a sphere, I'm just using a blurred cube map and custom shader to make it seem like a reflection.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2008 02:13
Thanks for the comments all

The texture situation is pretty much covered now. I won't be releasing anything until I've purchased the non commercial license and agree with most of the comments.

This is intended to be a playable FPSC demo not a full game so my decision to try and keep it close to the original is to give myself an achievable scope to get something done in a reasonable timescale. Also it is fun seeing if something faithful can be reproduced in a different engine and I've found FPSC pleasantly surprising in that respect.

Like the idea surrounding the sentry bots. I've had something which looked quite accurate and followed waypoints so I'll have a go adding the conditions for player in / out of range and the resulting actions.

@Inspire

Mirror is looking great actually, the effect is convincing and I can see it fine on my monitor. I've definately got respect for anyone that can get custom shader models working like this. Look forward to any updates on this man.
shadowing help!
Years of Service
User Offline
Did you take the demo uot from filefront?I cant find it.
Great game.

LOL, Losers Only Lose.
Ossimaan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2008 10:14
Cool.Make it scarier than DooM 3. Then, Im happy.
Youtube vid looks good, but the demo isnt in filefront...

Dont eat yellow snow.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 01:21:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 01:21:21