Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] smallfishs second game (with demo)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 00:47 Edited at: 17th Mar 2007 00:48
Quote: "sorry to disappoint you again mastercheif 193 but the fact is the level I’m working on just isn't that fun and I don’t want to release any more bad levels so I'm going to work on it all weekend I will try to get a good level working by Monday btw I just brought a microphone so from now on no more flashing text on screen but instead voice acting to tell the story"

Don't worry I'm never disapointed with you. OOOHHH voice acting one thing that brings an okay game to a great game.
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2007 05:18
In my opinion, you should focus on:

1. Gameplay/Level Design
2. Storyline
3. Graphics

my suggestions for Gameplay/Level Design:

1. Do not make large empty rooms.
2. If it can be set to static, do so.
3. If something would not realistically be somewhere, don't put it there. (ie. do not put a gun laying on the ground in some random location, put it in a weapon locker, or near a dead body.
4. use full lightmapping.

my suggestions for storyline:

1. Have the whole storyline thought out before you begin to work on a level.
2. If you must draw influences from other games, make it differ. no one wants to play too similar of games.
3. Express the storyline INGAME through videos or test pop-ups. (i recommend buying SignsIV to do text)

my suggestions for Graphics:

1. Make all textures seamless
2. USE FULL LIGHTMAPPING
3. if it is a small object, use a small texture size, no sense using a 1024x1024 texture for a book or other small item
4. make as much stuff custom as possible

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 18:26
@ Zaibatsu, I have to disagree with your full lightmapping theory.

I and many other members here use SOFT lightmaps, because it takes faster to load, and looks better. But gameplay beats graphics--hard!

SmallFish, in my experience of playing Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six 3, and Halo, if you have terrible graphics, but AWESOME gameplay, then stick with it. Look at the first DOOM. Graphics stink to high heaven, but gameplay, in my retrospect, is like playing the best FPSC game ever! *cough, DarkFaction, cough*.

Put a lot of action in, maybe touch up on your lightmapping, scale your rooms to look smaller, and god dangit, get ModelPack 6! It's worth it, more bang for your buck (or is it the other way around?)!

Failure to Cooperate
A game set during a war against rebels
Arriving 2007
small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2007 17:59
I hate to say this everyone but I'm just not happy with the pom as it is I sat down last night and thought long and hard about what I wanted this game to be and the pile of crude I made just wasn’t good enough so I going to devote my attention on to several other projects I have got in the works and come back to this one when I'm better at level design and story telling so it's going to be ages until you hear about the principality again but when you do it will be completely different I’m redesigning the city new textures new look more steam punk less stupidly large areas so for the mean time the principality is cancelled

The world is complicated only people are simple
small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2007 16:53
a freind with a credit card an internet access has just brought for me model pack 6 and 3 and sprite pack 1 so I,ve some more things to retxture

mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2007 19:17
Quote: "a freind with a credit card an internet access has just brought for me model pack 6 and 3 and sprite pack 1 so I,ve some more things to retxture"

This is gonna be cool to see what you come up with smallfish, I want to see how you retextured the guns
The Core
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2007 20:26
hey small fish

i think your game is looking smart so far ...its good to see the textures and models are yourown in some respect...the tanks and the space model are looking decent.

in my advise i looked at the first few pagers of this thred, now i dont know if these have been improved you may have to correct me but when i play a game vast open rooms with little or nothing in them are bland and boring... ide recommend adding some eye candy maybe your own art work ,created posters and smaller objects either by yourself or premade ones in fpsc. Now i am not sure how milkshape works i use gamespace but if you realy personalise this game and realy involve deep ideas making them crazy or wacky as you can it dunt matter, its adding personalistaion in which alot of these fpsc games lack, you do this ule be onto a winner.

all the best

---- the core ----

i'm E.T i have so much tech but yet i dont have a mobile phone! where is a land line when you need one
small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2007 17:09
thanks you guys now the new London I’m drawing up will be completely different to the one you've played but like I said don't expect to play it for at lest another month or two at the moment all my time is going in the horror game which I will be showing in a new tread tomorrow that game is about 50% complete and much better game play wise then the original pom anyway thanks again

mastercheif 193
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2007 05:14
Quote: "thanks you guys now the new London I’m drawing up will be completely different to the one you've played but like I said don't expect to play it for at lest another month or two at the moment all my time is going in the horror game which I will be showing in a new tread tomorrow that game is about 50% complete and much better game play wise then the original pom anyway thanks again"
Cant wait smallfish, your game is gonna be awsome!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:04:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:04:14