Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Welcome Back, Myself!!--Failure to Cooperate WIP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2007 23:46 Edited at: 3rd Dec 2007 23:50
I'm back from a break from FPSC. As a surprise, I bring you a brand, spanking-new WIP of Failure to Cooperate!

The only things that I have for FtC is: the name, MPs 2, 3, 4, and 6, and a very, very WIP screenshot of a storage closet.

Keep in mind that I haven't played FPSC for (I think) about 6 months. If the game looks horrid, just tell me what I need to improve on.

PS: Could you guys give me pointers and tips on level design and entity placement?

PSS: For those who read my thread "Before I start my new game...", that was my game idea before. Fortunately, I will NOT, under any circumstances, I repeat, NOT change the game's idea or name. Idea suggestions and comments are permitted. Also, I will not tolerate flaming in my thread, thank you.

Storage closet pic attached.
EDIT: Pic attached as .bmp. I'll change it now. Sorry.

Storm 9.0: Ohm

Coming to a PC near you.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 00:10
Looks okay but too many lights in that screenie, we need some more screens too.

join the x games forum: http://www.fps-x-games.com

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 00:23
Um...what is it of? A gun and some lights take up almost the whole screen.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 01:13
Like I said, I've been away from FPSC to remember my nice level designs.

Expect s'more screens soon!

Storm 9.0: Ohm

Coming to a PC near you.
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 03:50
well someone's humble.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2007 23:31 Edited at: 5th Dec 2007 23:54
Huh?

Also, I'm not sure what the first level should be set in.
I'm currently deciding on:
a) A warehouse
b) An office-type building
c) An urban plaza

I need a bit of help. I'm currently leaning towards an office building, but I could use your thoughts.

EDIT: Never mind, level 1's gonna be a warehouse.
EDITx2: I've a screenshot of a WIP warehouse 'hallway'. Enjoy.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.

Attachments

Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2007 18:06
I would:

1) start in an office work my way out

then get into A warehouse

and so on

pain

Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2007 20:36
Quote: "Huh?"

He means you're not very modest.

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2007 21:24
Oh.

Pain, thanks for the idea. Let me ask: What do offices typacally (spelling error?) look like?

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2007 22:43
...Coffee...Stains...Lots and LOTS of Coffee stains....

There are coffee mug rings on the desks from stupid employees who cannot be bothered to use a mat. There are hundreds of mugs on every desk, covering the latest report paper with brown stains and more coffee rings. Mugs with sayings like "best ever dad" and "I love mum". There are coffee machines in the canteen with a dozen types of coffee, ready to be used. There's always one flavour that no one ever uses and has been like that for years. One day, a junior employee stupidly drinks it and ends up going home with a stomach ache.....He doesn't get sick pay....There are stains on the comfy chairs in the lounge and every break, people rush to grab the best, clean seats leaving others standing up.

And there's always one person who doesn't drink coffee and wants squash instead.

http://www.freewebs.com/teammegabasic/
For low price FPSC and Dark BASIC media packs.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2007 23:22
So...I should have a lot of weird guys walking around? Like, have them walk fast?

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 01:34
Okay, the first level is a factory/oil-rig that the player, Steven Montgomery, is working part-time at.

Here's a pic of a WIP factory room. (I have downloaded custom content, don't accuse me of making nice objects )

PS: There are light sources, they're just hard to see.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.

Attachments

Troy Chambers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 02:39
I really like the second pic, but the first doesn't show much, the third doesn't show anything except for the gun, it's to dark, can't see a thing.

I especially like the lighting in pic 2, the design and entity placement seems good in that one as well.

PHOENIX, an up-coming game by Troy Chambers & DOOMED STUDIOS
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2007 02:56
Thanks...Danke...Gracias.

I will work more on level 1 and post screens as developement goes along.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 20:12 Edited at: 9th Dec 2007 23:28
{WIP Story deleted due to my thinking that it is a rip-off (sorta) of the Godfather}

Anyways, I will be posting a WIP shot of the game soon.

Also, I'm asking for suggestions for FtC's story.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 01:07
My name is David Brian. I worked for a secret agency. No one knew what we did, not even my wife. Up until January 12, 2013 not even the government knew what we did. Then it happened, one of the workers leaked that we were paid to abduct and kill people who had made deals and broke them. usually we were hired by gangs or the mafia, it was a dirty business. After that fateful day, the police and basically every other government employed person with a gun were looking for us. All of us. Some of us took the 25 years to life in prison and some of us ran, eventually being tracked down and shot. I was lucky, I escaped from London and moved here to America. Started a new life, married a new wife, changed my name, had kids. It went well for about six years. But then Chicago police eventually found out who I was and what I was part of, now I must fight for my life, alone...

That's my story, used it, don't use, makes no difference to me.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 02:13
Nice story, darimc.

I'll post screens of level 1 soon. It is set in a warehouse.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2007 23:40
Thanks, glad you like it.
Quote: "Nice story, darimc."

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2007 00:22 Edited at: 12th Dec 2007 02:39
Grrr! I hate saying that a game is started in a warehouse, makes no sense!

Level 1 is going to be set it...SURPRISE!! A funeral home. Weird, eh? I'll try and get screens up later.

Okay..EDIT!!
I'm starting on level 1. I have a snippet of FtC's story:

In November 2009, the US government has organized a large group of people, called the Conspiracy. You, George Campbell, are an ex-SWAT team member. You were banished from using weapons and wearing a uniform after brutally slaying 3 civillians who were seemingly (but not really) connected with local gangs. Now, you and a few other people are at a funeral celebrating the life of the late Captain Roland Arthur. The Conspiracy has planned an attack on the funeral home. As a civillian, you are not legally allowed to own a weapon. Rumors are that Shark (your radio contact and life-long friend) has planted a pistol in the bathroom (a parody off of the Godfather, eh?) for self-protection purposes. You are failing to cooperate with the law, but you must do you duty...as long as the Cospirators don't catch you. We are waiting.....

Good story, eh? Can you guys (and...gals??) give C&C? Please rate x/10.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 00:58
I apologise for this double-post, but I don't like a lot of edits in my posts, 3 edits per post for me.

I have a WIP screenshot of the first level, a funeral home. I have changed the lights and light switch to static for a better-looking scene, which was after I took this pic. Enjoy!

FYI, I'm using custom content. Felt like gettin' that offa my chest.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.

Attachments

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 03:09
Warning, harsh criticism ahead.

I'll just wrap it up with this, where would you be without Model Pack 3?

I mean, your whole game has this generic warehouse feel. Anyone can click and drag entities or segments to make what you have. Also, I noticed some light sources missing in the above screenshots (and before). And, FYI, that's custom content? I've never seen you or heard of you modelling anything before. Post some methods on how you modelled them and I'll believe you.

Also, post your pictures in .jpg please. Not .png.

-Aaron
Hate to sound rude, but with your cocky attitude about level design and such, it's hard not to sound rude.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2007 23:41
Why not .png? Oh right, the load times.

I did not makes the custom objects. I downloaded them off of fpsfree.com (everyone who made the content: good job, guys). And whaddya mean by "cocky attitude"? I was honest in the first post, that my level design isn't good anymore. But I'm improving.

I have light sources, they just might not be visible. Remember: WIP.

Thanks for your critism, and you're right: I DO need more than warehouses. But, urban area = warehouses, factories, etc.
Also, what might be good 'normal-looking' and elite (army-like) looking characters? I have the base game, and model packs 2, 3, 4, and 6.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
Troy Chambers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 00:39
DUDE, that new screenie is great, I love the lighting and the design is pretty good too, keep it up.

PHOENIX, an up-coming game by Troy Chambers & DOOMED STUDIOS
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 02:21
Thanks, sir.

I'll have more screenshots up later today or tomorrow.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 02:26
Well, model pack 1 has some pretty nice retexturable characters, and I know that fpsfree has a pretty nice swat character if not a few.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 02:43
Where are these SWAT characters on fpsfree? Are they animated and weapon-holdable?

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 14:20
Quote: "I did not makes the custom objects. I downloaded them off of fpsfree.com"

Then in my opinion, you have no custom media. The idea behind custom media is to make something unique to your game. Anybody can download the stuff of FPSfree.

Quote: "And whaddya mean by "cocky attitude"? I was honest in the first post, that my level design isn't good anymore. But I'm improving."

You seem to have edited your post since, but you basically said you had excellent level design before you went away.

Quote: "urban area = warehouses, factories, etc."

There are a few warehouses and factories in urban area, yes, but they don't look the same.

All I'm seeing right now is a game which story isn't consistent. Custom media please.

Paul

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 22:27
Lemme ask: Do I need custom media? Personally, I can do just fine without it. I agree; anyone can just download offa the Internet, but I want other objects in my game, y'know what I mean?

And what do you mean by that FtC's story is consistent? It's a WIP, but it's seems like an engaging idea, in my opinion.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 23:00
Quote: "Do I need custom media?"

It's not a requirement, but your game doesn't look like anything special otherwise. In fact, it looks quite bad, unless you've never used FPSC before.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 23:15
On the dot Inspire, on the dot.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 23:15
I've used FPSC before. Search Failure to Cooperate and click on the one with 363 (or whatever) replies.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2007 23:50
The Swat Character is on fps-files.com for sure; I don't know if it's on fpsfree or not.

Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 00:40
Quote: "I've used FPSC before. Search Failure to Cooperate and click on the one with 363 (or whatever) replies."

He wasn't saying you hadn't, he meant that everyone you show this too will think it is nothing special, unless they have never used FPSC before. I have to say I agree 100%.

Paul

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 01:00
Do you wanna talk to Ertlov?
Quote: "It's not a requirement, but your game doesn't look like anything special otherwise. In fact, it looks quite bad, unless you've never used FPSC before. "

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 02:01
@ KeithC: Thanks, I'll check it out.
@ Paul112: I'm sorry, I didn't quite understand what the other guy meant.

Change of plans: Level 1 is, instead, gonna be in a back alley type of place. A funeral is not really doable. Besides, I've got some nice ideas for a back alley.

Yours truly,
~AI

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2007 00:21 Edited at: 16th Dec 2007 00:22
***UPDATE***

Level 1 is going to, instead, be set in the Glenn Street Offices. Thanks to fps-files, I've gotten some nice models, such as DarkFact's entity pack from DFII (cheers to DarkFact; good models).

I have a WIP screenshot of the offices. Yes, I know it's .PNG, but I want it to show up for me and others who get the 'Open with...' message. Enjoy!

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.

Attachments

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2007 19:12 Edited at: 18th Dec 2007 03:01
Here is a screenshot of the employee sitting area for the bathrooms (which is down the white hall to the right). I don't know what to put in that back corner. Ideas?

EDIT:
I've some updates for ya.
FtC's story is now officially the article below:

"Your name is Vincent Clarke. You have recently been removed from the SWAT team and arrested due to accidental manslaughter. You have shot 3 civillians due to a fake rumor of them being connected to local gangs. Now it's 3 years later. You are not allowed to use a weapon for self-defence, or for any other reason. But when you notice something *suspicious* about your fellow employees, you decide to investigate. You call your old friend, Jack AKA 'the Shark', and tell him about your co-workers. Shark smuggles a pistolo disguised as a pencil sharpener and places it in the storage closet. The SWAT team finds out and hunts you down, with the help of the local Creekvale, Vermont police and even the military. You are called a Failure of Cooperation (FOC). FOC's are always arrested on accounts of unauthorized weapons usage, access onto areas one is banned from, etc. This is 2010. This is war. This is survival."

Eh? What rating would that be?

Failure to Cooperate
-Release Date: TBA 2008
-Rating: M for Mature: Blood, Violence, Suggestive Themes (FPSC has Suggestive Themes, wow) and *possibly* Language

*****Game Levels*****
Mis1: Glenn Street Offices
Mis2: Glenn Street Offices Basement
Mis3: Sewers
Missions 4 & 5: Sewers parts 2 and 3
Mis6, 7, & 8: CIA Building, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors
Missions 9-14: Undecided

Enjoy the update!

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.

Attachments

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 02:10
BUMP! (sorry)

Here is a screenshot of a room I threw together for lightmap testing purposes. And yes, it's a .jpeg this time. Also, may I ask, why isn't this thread getting any responses? Is--is there something in my teeth? Or is it something about the game?

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.

Attachments

Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 03:39
It's just not very groundbreaking. If you made custom guns/enemies people would flock to the thread. The last 3 screens you've posted aren't very spectacular, that's all.

A SWAT team wouldn't shoot 3 civilians for suspected 'gang links'. He'd shoot if they pulled a gun on him, but otherwise they'd just get arrested/interrogated.

Paul

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 03:45
And yes, you have something in your teeth. It's like a little black thing, like pepper or something.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 23:44
@ Paul112: As I've said before, I'm no good at modelling/animating entities. The game can look great without custom objects.
@ Inspire: I thought I noticed that before! More flossing and brushing for me.

Anyways, I am working on the new version of the offices. I'll have some screens up later.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 01:42
Quote: "The game can look great without custom objects."

I'd love for you to prove me wrong.

Paul

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 02:59
He may very well do that.
Quote: "I'd love for you to prove me wrong.

Paul"

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 03:35
@ darimc: Okay...why did you speak for me? I can fight my own battles, thank you.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 03:48
I wasn't fighting your "battles", I was just saying that you may be able to make a game with no custom media. Don't have a cow.
Quote: "@ darimc: Okay...why did you speak for me? I can fight my own battles, thank you."

Stoopid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 05:04
Looks a bit bland.

Also, work on the lightmaps a bit more. They seem...Off.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 20:59
@ darimc: Sorry, I didn't realize what you meant. The cow's in the barnyard.
@ Stoopid: Bland? "Off" lightmaps? May you explain a bit more?

Mery Christmas, everyone!! (It's not the 25th yet, I'm a bit...happy)

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 19:27
Hello, FPSCers!! I have a new screen of the Flynn Corporate Offices waiting/reception area. Keep in mind that there are still things that I have to add, like bathrooms down the hall across from the big, spinning thing with an F in the middle, some vending machines to the one side, and some payphones on the wall behind the reception desk. I can remember (vaguely) what some DFII office pictures and movies looked like, and I'm trying to recreate a fan version of in honor of DarkFact. (By the way, was 'Dave' banned or something?)

Enjoy, and please rate x/10.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.

Attachments

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 20:44
He was banned, for ranting on about other members.

Did he allow you to use his media? otherwise delete it.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2007 20:47
Dude, he released it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 03:19:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 03:19:16